(San Jose, San Bruno, Concord)
Sous Chef / Kitchen Manager
Job Category: Restaurant Management
We are seeking an
EXPERIENCED SOUS CHEF / KITCHEN MANAGER
to join our team!!!
If you have experience offering
ABSOLUTE GUEST SATISFACTION
we want you to be a part of our team!
Under the Executive Chef's direction, the Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager is responsible for the operation of a high volume kitchen.
* Excellent communication skills with a "Do whatever it takes" attitude.
* Willing to manage the kitchen with a "Hands on" and Mentoring approach.
* Exhibit working knowledge of food cost, best practices (line checks), & purchasing and inventory. (i.e. produce, seafood, etc.)
* Supervise kitchen personnel under the direction of the Executive Chef.
* Ensure food items are prepared according to our standards of quality, consistency and time lines.
* Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA regulations.
* Meet all health department standards for safe food handling.
* Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
* Purchase various food products as par levels dictate.
* Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating & stocking as par levels dictate.
* Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? Great health and dental insurance, 401-K with discretionary match, paid vacation, 50% dining program, discount retail program and more. Relocation assistance available.
* Requires a minimum of 2-3+ years of Salaried Management experience in the BOH.
* Ability to successfully coordinate the staff and resources in a high-volume, time sensitive operation.
* Possess a genuine desire to lead the team in producing high quality product.
* Ideal candidate should have experience in budgeting and managing all BOH operations.
* Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
* Seafood experience a plus, but not necessary.